Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Beth

I don't normally share personal things on my sight, but the world lost a great lady last night and me, a dear close friend. Beth Notaro of Beth's Main St. Folkart died last after just 5 short days in the hospital.

Beth was one of the most giving people I have ever known, giving her time and talents in so many ways and to so many people. An encourager and champion of all types of art, host of the Winter Woolen Workshop (just had the 9th year and she was so looking forward to celebrating the 10th). Served on endless committees to help revitalize downtown Kokomo, painting murals, planting flowers whatever was needed, volunteering weekly at the community center teaching art to the kids, and the list goes on and on. But her biggest love was promoting all types of needle art and encouraging women to express themselves with needle in hand, whether it was rug hooking, appliqué, stitching, knitting it didn't matter, she loved it all. Her Granny Bees will miss her tremendously.

On top of all this she was a loving wife, proud mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, and amazing friend. Beth you will be sorely missed!

So, in the weeks to come if you pick up a hook or a needle please say a prayer for her family and friends, and think about sharing your talent with another in memory of Beth.

4 comments:

  1. So saddened by this news Ali ... she will be greatly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not believe it when I went to Ali's blog and found out about Beth. I cried for a whole week. I had only met her 3 times, but thought she was an unbelievable person - such a joy for life and such an amazing gift with a needle or rug hook. I think about her often. She will be truly missed. (Sorry this is so late, but I tried to comment in March when I found out, but the blog wouldn't accept my comment.)
    Sharon Dennison

    ReplyDelete