Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Workshop in Utah

Just returned from a great time with these ladies, they definitely go over the top with decorations.  With a play on my name, we went to Wonderland.







With a choice of 2 kits (a flower or a bird) I taught different techniques to incorporate with their hooking.






One evening some of us went to visit Shepherd's Bush which is an amazing cross stitch store.  Framed pieces on all the walls, floor to ceiling, with all the threads, fabrics, etc. to stitch forever.  I just went around the shop and took photos of anything with a sheep on it, fun to see all the different ones.
















Sign in the window of a restaurant where we ate one evening.  My grandsons found it amusing.



More work getting done...








One of my favorite things, show and tell, talented ladies...


































Thanks ladies for a great time!!




5 comments:

  1. What amazing work, and love all the sheeps, would love to go to their store.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ali, I had such a wonderful time. It was fun to learn so many new things and to go home with a completed project. Whenever I think of Alice in Wonderland, I'll think of Ali Strebel and what an amazing time I had in wonderland.
    Sandy Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming to Utah. I had a lot of fun and I can't wait to use the things I learned on my next rug. Your a great teacher.
    Lisa Mc Comb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ali - With you being the very first national teacher that our Guild brought it, you set the bar VERY high for those who might come after! Thanks for being so generous with your knowledge, and for being so friendly and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed our three days together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos. I especially like the cross stitch sheep designs as I love sheep, I don't really know why, maybe it is because in my childhood I often visited an Uncle's farm and often saw Lambs been born

    ReplyDelete