Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blog Creative Challenge

This was a tough one for me.  With that stick, it was either hanging something from it, or attach something too it.  I chose the latter, and then there's that ball of roving.  Since the other materials were green, I decided to do leaves and wire them to the stick.

I started by hooking 5 leaves using what I was sent, and adding green wool and sari ribbon.  Once hooked I cut them out and glued green wool to the back, then proceeded to wire them to the stick.  I felted the cream roving into a base and stuck the stick into it.

Admittedly, this is not my favorite, but it's different, and I like different.






Check out the other blogs to see their finished projects: Maria's, Alice's & Kris's

3 comments:

  1. Ali, I love the tree! Very creative and different indeed. I think it is pretty cool how we all came up with different ideas. These challenges have really made me think and do different things which was the reason for the challenge. Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, I thought that I was going to hang something from the twig too, but ended up having a different idea. Ironically, I thought you and Maria might make a hanging with it and didn't want to duplicate that idea! But your project is still very creative and shows a lot of thought...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ali ~ love those leaves! You really did go 'out on a limb', so to speak! I'm like Kris ~ I thought hanging something from the stick was obvious, and like you ~ I don't want to do the obvious!!!

    ReplyDelete